Interview with July 2009 Intake Students

On the 29th of June 2009, the A-level students from the January intake were still on their Semester 1 break. However, if you had stepped into the campus early that morning, you might have noticed the bunch of new faces that were hanging around in our campus. It would not have been difficult to figure out that those were the students of the July 2009 intake!

The new students seemed to be very excited about their very first day of college life. Looking at the number of new students who came for the orientation day, undoubtedly Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas (TCSH) is becoming more well-known amongst students. In order to get to know the new students better, let us learn of their thoughts on the A-Level programme and the TCSH campus.

Nicole
Why did you choose to start college in July?
I could have probably chosen to join the March intake but I decided to take a break and do something that I wanted to do.


How did you spend your break the past six months?
I worked as a teacher for the past 2 months. I also used the time to clean my house.


Why did you choose Taylor’s College?
At first, I had two choices, one was HELP University College and the other was Taylor’s University College. I chose Taylor’s because it offers the Psychology subject in the A-Level programme.

Why did you decide to come to the Hartamas campus?
Although I have to pay the toll to come here, it is more convenient for me and I would not be late for class.


Louis
Why did you choose to start college in July?
I’m from Russia, and I still had to attend classes until May for my O Levels course.

How did you spend your break after you finished your O Levels?
For the past month I’ve just been playing around.

Why did you choose Taylor’s College?
Well, my dad helped me to decide on coming to Taylor’s because it has a good reputation.

Why did you decide to join the Hartamas campus?
I’m not exactly sure why, things just fell in place and here I am now.


Wendy
Why did you opt for the July intake?
This is actually my third orientation. From the Subang campus, I transferred to Hartamas, and now I’m in A Levels. I had a change of decision. I will be studying Dentistry in Germany instead of Australia, since it’s cheaper. The monthly expenses there only amount to RM3000 a month.


What are your views on this programme?
To me, A Levels is very much like SPM. In fact, it is more manageable than SAM, the course that I took initially. I’m more used to the exam-based format.


What would you do if this does not work out?
Maybe I’ll hook up with a rich guy?


Ka-Mun
Why did you opt for the July intake?
I had to participate in National Service before this. After that I helped my mum in the office for a few months.

Since some of your friends have started college already, what have they told you about life in college?
One of my friends said college life is a major change. The environment is nice too. I’m just a bit uncertain on how things are going to turn out. Most of my friends said it’s good.


What are your expectations of college life?
I expect more activities and class discussions.


I hope the new students will enjoy their college life. All the seniors are ready to lend a helping hand to them at anytime when they need it.

By TAN XIN RUI and YAU JIA MIN

0 comments:

Copyright © 2014 The Beacon Online Plastic Surgeon of Beacon: Chloe Tan(2014)