A First Glance at the Elected Student Council Members of 2009

Every building requires a sound foundation. Every tree has its roots. Every table has at least four legs for it to stand. Every car needs its wheels. Every community requires a board of leaders.

In this same way, the student council is the equivalent of the requirement needed to ensure an organized society of students in Taylor’s Sri Hartamas.

If we writers were to merge all the five main committee members into one person, this is what that person would have: drop-dead attractiveness, a super thin physique, oozing confidence, bubbly personality and a large posse of friends.

Your curious-minded writers Sarah Lim and Jia Min went bugging the five people for interviews so that you would get a larger insight into their minds.


STEPHANIE BALLING


1. Why did you choose to be part of the student council?
It’s because I’ve always been into human rights activism and all that kind of stuff.

2. What are your expectations for the student council this year?
I expect them to make the college experience rich and fulfilling, and to prepare students for their future.

3. What is your biggest dream in life?
To buy an island and set up orphanages all around the world. The island would be like a foster home to children.

4. Tell us something about yourself that would come as a surprise to others.
I was bullied really badly all through primary school. So it makes me more sympathetic towards others.

5. Given a chance, is there a memorable past that you want to relive?
I would like to relive kindergarten when your biggest worry was whether the person next to you would share her crayons with you.

6. What are your biggest fears or phobias?
Not being good enough.


LING KAR JOON

1. Why did you choose to be part of the student council?
I’m actually honestly really joining it because of my CV. I like planning events. It helps in my interaction with students, I know lots of people now, compared to last time when I knew nobody.

2. What are your expectations for the student council this year?
I expect to organize large-scale events so that we can compete with the main campus. At the same time, also cooperate with main campus and improve our relationship. We hope to not to only focus on student affairs, but to also assist students in their academic performance.

3. What is your biggest dream in life?
I want a Lamborghini. (For those of you who don’t know what it is, look at the picture!)

4. How/where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
In the States. By then, I would have better maturity. The U.S. liberal arts education also would help me be more all-rounded.

5. Tell us something about yourself that would come as a surprise to others.
I brainstorm for ideas in the shower.

6. What are your biggest fears or phobias?
I fear cockroaches.

GEORGE ROBINSON



1. Why did you choose to be part of the student council?
Because this is a new campus and I feel I am capable and dedicated to this task. Taylor’s has a good reputation for its excellence and as part of the student council I wish to ensure that every student’s life in Taylor’s is an unforgettable one.

2. Why was Taylor’s College your choice for Pre-University education?
Taylor’s has proven itself from past achievements. The SAM program is proven and is ideal for my ambitions.

3. What is your biggest dream in life?
To be happy in everything, to enjoy myself and to bring happiness to others.

4. Tell us something about yourself that no one else has really found out before.
I love to try new things – anything at all! Bungee-jumping, eating crocodile meat….

5. What is the one experience you would relive?
Nothing. What’s done is done. I’m now looking at the present and the future.

6. What is your biggest fear?
I fear getting disabled.

SHARON NG



1. Why did you choose to be part of the student council?
I believe I have the capabilities. If I’m part of the student council, I would be able to help students achieve what they want. I also like taking up responsibilities.

2. What are your expectations for the student council this year?
Stronger friendship with the members would be built, and that I’ll have more experiences gained. We hope it’ll be an interesting year for the students.

3. How do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
In some ways, I would still be talkative. However, I would think more before making decisions, and not act so impulsively.

4. Given a chance, is there a memorable past that you want to relive?
When times were perfect, in the company of really encouraging people and when I was scoring good results.

5. What are your biggest fears or phobias?
That I will get involved in a car accident.


By SARAH LIM and JIA MIN | Photos by SHARIDA HASSAN

0 comments:

Copyright © 2014 The Beacon Online Plastic Surgeon of Beacon: Chloe Tan(2014)