An interview with Ms. Nithya and Ms. Aery

Miss Nithya has been active in the modelling profession since 2009, she was debuted in the Miss Malaysia Indian Global 2009 pageant and successfully made it as a Finalist. Since then, her career has propelled forward and she has now collected many accolades and gained recognition for her work. Other notable achievements - just to name a few - include being crowned Champion at the Global Indian Festival Model Search 2010 and receiving the subtitle awards for Miss Charming and Miss Beautiful Skin along with the title of Second Runner Up at the Miss India Malaysia 2012 pageant. Besides that, she has done many stints in the field of acting, ushering, and advertisements.


Miss Aery Seerungum is also a prominent figure in the modelling industry. Her impressive resume boasts of being the Chief Model at the Indian Wedding Fair 2014 by Agenda Suria Communications, making it as a finalist in the Miss Malaysia Earth 2012 pageant and also participating in the Astro Deepavali Kondattam Fashion Show 2013. 



It was truly a rare privilege to have TCSH graced by their lovely presence. The Editorial Board took this golden opportunity to approach these women to ask them a few questions about their line of work and to seek some fashion advice on behalf of our college-mates.

How did your career as a model start-off? 

 
Nithya RV:
My modelling career started in campus time when I always didn’t have enough money, so I started to venture into part-time jobs like TV commercials, ushering etc. As my hometown was in Pahang, I had no one around the city to guide me and teach me, so I decided the best way to learn was to join a beauty pageant. I joined my first beauty pageant, Miss India Malaysia Global, in 2009, and I made it to the top 16. From then on, I realised that I felt good walking on the stage, wearing outfits and accessories from top designers. With that new level of confidence, I started to go for photo-shoots, did TV commercials and participated in more beauty pageants. Basically, I stayed active and tried to make a name for myself whilst enjoying what I did.


Congratulations! What did you learn or take out from your experience?

 
Nithya RV: I definitely learnt a lot from my very first contest, more significantly, my confidence level increased. It helped me cement my passion for modelling and ever since then I have never looked back. All these experiences made me want to share my experiences with other girls. Now, I have a modelling agency and I’m very happy helping these girls.


From your experience, what are the most important things a successful person must have or do?


Aery S: There are three main things that led me to become a successful person now. Firstly, time-management. In whatever you do, you must have self-discipline, and if you arrange something, you have to do it on time. Even though you are juggling around with a busy schedule, showing up and completing it on time shows your commitment to others and leaves an impression.  Self-confidence is the second most important thing. Feeling good about yourself can make a change in how you act around others. The third thing is that you have to be honest. This is what I do in my life, so when I do things honestly, I get a lot of blessings.


Thank you both for sharing your experiences so openly with us. As reputable models in our country, would you like to share some invaluable fashion advice to the students?


Nithya RV:
Well, we learn fashion sense from what we watch, what we read and from people around us. I strongly advise you to put effort into dressing up because it can boost your self- confidence- you feel good if you look good! Therefore, if you can, invest some money in dressing up nicely.  Or be creative. Mix and match, and learn about trends from magazines, the Internet or TV shows. The world is changing all the time so we should observe current trends and keep on updating ourselves.


Last but not least, how can a college student stay fashionable while keeping to the dress code?

 
Aery: They can dress fashionably by having their accessories on, different types of shoes, handbags and all that, as long their dressing is within the college rules. For me, exposing yourself is not fashionable. This may sound a bit typical but I believe that every woman is beautiful as they are. They do not need to expose themselves to tell others that they are beautiful. There are limits and a certain discipline of dressing; students have to think about our Malaysian culture. They have to be a role model to newcomers. If the seniors are dressing well, that will make the juniors follow the senior’s steps.

Thank you very much to Ms Nithya and Ms Aery for taking the time to answer our questions and letting us take a glimpse into their glamourous lives. They both have very warm personalities and we are grateful to have met them, we wish you all the best!
Copyright © 2014 The Beacon Online Plastic Surgeon of Beacon: Chloe Tan(2014)