The March 09 Intake of Taylor's College Sri Hartamas

If there was a sound for each and every new experience we waddle through, they’d sound like bells. And if the bells weren’t confined to its motionless stationary state, they would perhaps squeal in delight and excitement, while some would shake with a degree of anxiety , each of them displaying their own brilliance.

The many emotions of the 60 students that morning proved they were best to shed some life into the bells.





Time and time again, orientations have been illustrated as an introduction to something new, but what if the experience in college wasn’t new to some after all? Take for instance, Bryan Loong, a former architecture diploma student at the Petaling Jaya campus, who has just begun A-Levels here. ‘‘After 3 months, I was not sure if it was the right course for me’’, he said.
Lim Lea was also among the bolder ones, who transferred from the SAM January intake to the current A-Levels March intake. It certainly isn’t an easy feat to switch courses, adapt to a different syllabus and a smaller classroom environment, but here we have Lea sharing her view on it:

‘‘I wanted to keep my options open in case I’m going elsewhere apart from Australia and New Zealand. One thing I miss about SAM is my friends. I don’t feel too pressured now since I have the basics from SAM for my subjects. In my small class, we get more personal attention and feel more comfortable with each other’’.

Is the grass really greener on the other side? I wouldn’t know. All the same, welcome freshmen!

By JIA MIN

0 comments:

Copyright © 2014 The Beacon Online Plastic Surgeon of Beacon: Chloe Tan(2014)